Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rustic 1930's Wedding Photoshoot: Details

Oh my goodness, am I awful! It's been almost 4 months since I first started talking about the editorial DIY wedding shoot we did back in March and never did post the final images! To do all that prologue and never show you the images!!! Again -awful of me! If you'll forgive my lateness I'll show them to you now.

First you must see all the awesome details. Maybe that seems backwards but I'm a details kinda girl.
Most of the decor were things we made, as you've seen in my DIY posts #1, #2 and #3. We set up in my backyard. I live in a small farming community just north of Las Vegas and my backyard is 10 acres of old farm land. There is nothing growing there except tons of gnarly, cool mesquite trees. The area made a really unique backdrop.
I made this hair piece from several smaller hair pieces and a few odd feathers.
We did the simple flower arrangement and the throw pillow is made from odd fabric scraps.

The LOVE sign is really simple as well. Just scrapbooking paper glued to a string of yard. The Polaroid pictures are attached with wooden closes pins.
This lovely and simple wedding cake was made by my favorite cake designer, Audree Lytle.



Check back later this week for some more images from this fun shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment