Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DYI Project #1: Fabric Balls

In a few weeks I will be shooting a fun inspiration wedding photo session. It's going to be SO much fun! A few other wedding vendors will collaborate with me in setting up this really cute shoot. I am making some fun DIY projects for the shoot that I've wanted to try. So I thought I'd take pictures as I make them and show you guys how to make them. This is the first one. I'll be posting some more projects before we do the shoot. So keeping checking back to see what else I come up with.


FABRIC BALLS
This is a variation on a DIY project I saw on Once Wed. I changed it a bit. I used a color theme instead of just one color of fabric (plus you get to use up your fabric scraps that way).



 Cut out about 50 or more circles of fabric. The circles only need to be about 4 inches in diameter. The only other supplies needed are a glue gun and a ball. I used a hollow cardboard ball with a string attached that I purchased at Joann's Crafts. A styrofoam ball or small Chinese lantern will work as well.


 Attaching the fabric to the ball is easy and only takes a few minutes. (It's the cutting fabric out that is time consuming). Make the fabric into a cone shape and apply glue to the center of the fabric circle. 


Tie a ribbon through the loop of the ball. If you use a styrofoam ball you'll need to attach a loop of string to the ball before you start glueing on the fabric circles. The ball can be hung from a ceiling, hooking it on the wall or even draped over the back of the chairs at dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment