Saturday, November 6, 2010

Family Time

This past summer has been nuts! I was out-of-town more than I was in it. I felt just plain tired. So with the wedding season over I took a break for almost the whole month of October. Mostly my brain just shut down. I didn't do anything but play with my kid and watch TV. But we did manage to throw in some fun family activities.
My dad and I kayaked down the Colorado river for about 10 miles. (Boy, did my arms hurt.)
My Dad- isn't he a handsome fellow!
The weather was perfect, beautiful birds were out and we had the river almost all to ourselves. Great day!
One of the other things we did was have a Halloween party. My 4-year-old son, Pirate, really wanted to have a Halloween party so we pacified him. 

Pirate also insisted on being Darth Vader, so I decided on being Princess Leia to compliment him. (I wanted my husband to be Han Solo but I couldn't get him to commit to the Halloween spirit.)
Well, back to reality! (With all this laziness, I think I've gained like 5 lbs!)



1 comment: